English Language Lab
Road To Ielts
Road to IELTS is your best possible online preparation and practice resource for IELTS. With over 120 hours of interactive activities, advice videos from British Council experts, hints and tips on question types as well as downloadable practice tests, it is comprehensive, up-to-date and aimed precisely at the challenges candidates face.
Who is it for?
Road to IELTS is suitable for IELTS candidates from band score 4.5 upwards, and for institutions running IELTS preparation courses..
- Academic module
- General Training module
How does it work?
Road to IELTS is organised by skill. There is no set learning path; teachers or learners can choose the order in which they tackle the four key resources within each skill area:
- Starting out: an eBook introducing each paper and explaining task types.
- Advice and tutorial videos: experts explain the best way to prepare for IELTS.
- Practice zone: candidates practise tackling the various question types, pick up exam tips and familiarise themselves with the exam format.
- Test practice: candidates simulate the test experience with three full mock tests in each of the Reading, Writing, and Listening papers.
- There’s more: video tips from successful candidates, downloadable study guides and a study planner to help learners schedule their IELTS preparation in the most efficient way. There’s even a timer in the test practice section to help simulate test conditions, reducing stress on the day.
As learners work through Road to IELTS, the Progress function enables them to monitor their activity, and compare their performance with other users. They can even predict their scores in the Reading and Listening tests using our interactive widget.
Most candidates need all the help they can get while preparing for this crucial test. Give your candidates the unique advantage they deserve – with the British Council’s Road to IELTS.